T H E I N D I V I D U A L I S C A P I T A L | IDEA ONE: TWINS

Twins FINAL

T H E  I N D I V I D U A L  I S  C A P I T A L | IDEA ONE: TWINS

These images show 1 year old twins, showing their similarities, and also their individualities; male and female, stripes and pattern, hair, skin colour, and also the face shape. The main reason I chose them is due to their age, not knowing what life is and how their life will be, making them a perfect subject to represent an individual character. Another reason is because they are my siblings, making them individual in my eyes as they will always be unique and amazing to me, therefor fulfilling my project requirements.

I chose to use a black background to create a mysterious, unknown feel to the images, giving the two images a narrative which I feel is important to the brief, and also to the style of images. I also used a one light set up, creating deep shadows around the eyes, and also the neck, giving strong contrast in colour between the shadows and skin, as well as making the eyes pop and create the main focus of the image.

The framing of both images is roughly central, giving a natural feel to the image, and also landscape to enhance this feel. This also makes the subject seem more alone, getting rid of any distracting elements around them, whilst also engulfing them within the background.