T Y P O L O G Y O F A C I T Y | IDEA ONE: RETRO FOOTBALL

Typolgiz

My first idea for typologies; this being retro football shirts, showing the love and class of football from my subjects. The images are square to create equal sizing and look for each image, cropping the rest of the subject, which then creates a more interesting image.

The white background helps the shirts stand out, giving a more crisp feel to the images. This is also helped through the three light set up, lighting the white background making it as white as possible, and also adding more textures to the shirts, making a more interesting image, with also keeping the focus on the emblem and shirt style.

Overall, I feel these images look very average, and also would be better in a more natural setting, and I would have also liked a larger variety of images, possibly a grid of 9 or 16, creating a more diverse sequence of images. On the other hand, I feel the images have a unique take on the brief, as each image represents a different city/country, in the light of their most successful eras, showing the success of the city/country, as well as a common type within a city, being football fans with a similar style of shirt; retro football shirt.